When your loved one’s care needs go beyond what you can provide at home, long-term care is often the best solution. However, it can be difficult to relinquish the responsibilities of being their primary caregiver when they make the move. After all, you know your loved one best.
Choosing a retirement community is an important decision. In addition to meeting your social, cultural, educational and recreational requirements, you also want to ensure that there is a continuum of care in place to meet your needs over time.
At The Manse on Marsh, you live life your way. We help you achieve your goals. Our focus is ensuring you can live as independently as possible, for as long as possible. Should needs change, we have the services in place to help you continue to live a full and worry-free life, enjoying the perfect blend of independence, privacy and safety, all within the comforts of home.
We describe our lifestyle as “simply abundant living” because with us, each day presents an opportunity to enjoy the outdoors, pursue new experiences, nurture new friendships, savor amenities and services designed to make life easy and carefree, and to be inspired by a spectacular San Luis Obispo location, recently named the happiest city in America.
Here are the top 10 reasons you should explore The Manse on Marsh as your retirement community:
- LIFESTYLE - The perfect blend of independence, support, privacy and service
- LOCATION – Coastal living in the happiest city in America
- ACCOMMODATIONS – Spacious cottages and apartments in featuring a variety of open floor plans
- SERVICES – We take care of all the headaches associated with homeownership … think housekeeping, laundry, home-maintenance, cooking and so much more
- ASSISTANCE – We provide as much or as little as needed
- ACTIVITIES – On-campus fun and day trips are planned with each resident's likes and interests in mind.
- TEAM – Friendly, committed people who all share a great devotion to seniors
- 24/7 PEACE OF MIND – Caregivers on site 24/7
- SHORT-TERM RESPITE STAYS - Ideal for those not yet ready to leave a transitional facility, but who are not yet ready to resume the responsibilities of returning home
- OWNERSHIP – Experienced local owner who is passionate about serving seniors
Book your tour of The Manse on Marsh today!
When your loved one’s care needs go beyond what you can provide at home, long-term care is often the best solution. However, it can be difficult to relinquish the responsibilities of being their primary caregiver when they make the move. After all, you know your loved one best. Will the caregivers at their community know that your mother only likes her bath at night? What if she won’t tell them when she likes to eat breakfast? These questions can be overwhelming at first, but it’s important to realize that the care team at your loved one’s community is prepared to be your partner for your loved one’s care and well-being. All you have to do is talk to them.
At The Manse on Marsh, a senior living community in San Luis Obispo County, California, long-term care staff are not only invaluable to your loved one, but to you as well. The staff in long-term care will become some of your greatest friends during a time of transition. A long-term care team can guide you and your loved one while providing all the care and assistance they need. Depending on your loved one’s health and personality, it can sometimes take a while for relationships to form with their caregivers. That’s where you come in. Communicating effectively is essential to ensuring a smooth transition into long-term care, and you are in the best position to facilitate your loved one’s move.
When it comes to caring for an aging loved one, we can’t do it by ourselves all the time. Sometimes caregivers need a short break from the constant flow of support tasks and responsibilities. We need a little time to ourselves to rest and recharge. In some cases, the severity of our loved one’s needs simply go beyond what we are able to care for on our own. When caregiving truly becomes too much for a family member, and our loved one needs more care than we can give, it might be time to start looking into options for more professional, long-term care.
For some, the thought of moving their loved one to a senior living community is difficult. They may feel guilty, thinking they should be responsible for their loved one’s care. They might also have misunderstandings about community life, unaware of the incredible benefits their family could experience. Whether the idea of moving your loved one into a dedicated senior living community worries or encourages you, there’s an easy way to make the transition with confidence: respite care.
Join The Manse On Marsh as we host an Open House and Tour of Models this afternoon. The event begins at 3 pm, and wine and cheese will be served. Bring your friends and family to our San Luis Obispo retirement community, and have fun exploring our numerous floor plans and free-standing cottages.
• Our one bedroom & studio residences include a living room with a fireplace, and complimentary cable television, mini-fridge, microwave, and electricity, in addition to weekly housekeeping and laundry service, and transportation to and from doctor appointments.
• Or choose from one of The Manse’s free-standing cottage homes or penthouse apartment independent living floorplans. All independent living properties are maintenance-free, meaning all landscaping, yard work, leaf raking, repairs and more are taken care of for you.
Along with our private residences, we offer several warm and welcoming common areas. And, as the only San Luis Obispo retirement community located in the heart of the city’s charming downtown, you can take advantage of visiting our neighboring restaurants, shops, and galleries.
Other highlights of vibrant living at The Manse On Marsh you’ll want to explore include:
Culinary Delights - Where else on the Central Coast can you enjoy a meal prepared by a Le Cordon Bleu trained classical chef?
Campus Amenities – With a movie theater, glass-topped atrium and rooftop decks, it’s easy to see why The Manse On Marsh community was voted #1 by Tribune Readers.
Senior Activities – From Cal Poly seminars to shopping and exercise classes, The Manse On Marsh offers a fun, welcoming, and exciting environment where all residents can find an outlet for their creative and physical activity preferences.
“My wife Sheila and l are very pleased overall with the environment, class and attentiveness we receive here at The Manse.” Gerald & Sheila, Residents, May 2017
Come see for yourself what vibrant living at The Manse on Marsh is all about at today’s Open House and Model Tour. We look forward to meeting you!
One of our recent active senior living community outings for Manse residents was a visit to one of our many wonderful vineyards and tasting rooms, Kelsey See Canyon Vineyards. As we enjoyed beautiful weather, the vineyard’s stunning peacock population, and sampled Chardonnay and Pinot Noir, we shared stories of our lives, and learned that Kelsey See Canyon Vineyards was a business Dick and Dolores Kelsey started growing grapes in their “retirement” years. While their family helps oversee the operations today, retirees Dick and Dolores are still actively involved in the business.
The Manse on Marsh offers numerous active senior living opportunities for residents. Studies have shown that active senior living offers measurable mental and physical health benefits, including:
1. New friendships: The social aspect inherent in a tight knit community of retirees is extremely important during retirement years. Active senior living communities allow retirees to get together with fellow residents, be social and forge new and lasting friendships.
2. Defense against mental decline: Following retirement, losing out on the life-long social networks that a career usually provides can lead to mental problems like dementia and Alzheimer’s disease. When the brain is not engaged in social interaction, there’s a good chance that sharpness and mental acuity go away. Studies show that physical activity may help seniors lower the amount of cognitive decline they experience as they age.
3. Longer life expectancy: According to the Australian Longitudinal Study of Aging, a group of friends is more likely to increase a senior’s life expectancy more than close relationships with family. This isn’t to say that family isn’t important – rather support networks of any kind matter. This type of support network occurs naturally at senior living communities like The Manse On Marsh.
4. Social support: The reasons for this increased longevity are speculated upon by the study’s authors. They hypothesize that friends encourage each other to take care of themselves and push their friends to go to the doctor sooner to prevent serious diseases from developing. They also are there to provide a shoulder when someone loses a loved one.
5. Physical health benefits: For retirees, regular exercise is crucial for living long, healthy and comfortable lives. By staying physically active a retiree can prevent degeneration of muscles, bones and other vital tissues.
6. Improved personal safety: Retirees benefit from organized activities that are supervised by trained professionals so you reduce the risk of injuring yourself doing these exercises. Engaging in these activities strengthens your heart, lungs and muscular system.
7. Pride: Seniors also benefit from trying out new things, which is good for the spirit. Accomplishing a new feat, such as learning a new dance step or achieving a personal best powerwalking time, provides a sense of achievement that benefits body, mind, heart, and soul.
At The Manse On Marsh, we like to refer to active senior living as living, vibrantly. Contact us today to arrange your personal tour of our independent and assisted living community in the heart of downtown San Luis Obispo. We look forward to meeting you!