Where you grew up, went to school, raised a family, and worked helped make you the person you are today. The same is true for your retirement years. Where you choose to live now will determine how well you live in the future.
Some seniors worry they’ll give up too much and their quality of life will go downhill if they move to a retirement community. But in fact, many residents and their families report that the overall quality of life goes up for seniors living in communities.
Here are some reasons to consider living in a senior community like The Manse on Marsh.
Research into senior health has proven that:
- Older adults who report the highest levels of well-being and happiness are those who socialize, work or volunteer and exercise.
- Having healthy social relationships is a significantly higher predictor of longevity and is associated with reduced rates of depression and better cognitive health.
- Older adults who are physically active have lower rates of coronary heart disease, high blood pressure, stroke and some cancers, as well as higher levels of functional and cognitive health.
Senior living communities like The Manse on Marsh create opportunities to engage in socialization and physical activity. They’re built into every day on our senior living campus. Add to that regular, nutritious meals, access to medical care, and services and amenities that relieve the burdens of homeownership, and it’s easy to see why our residents are enjoying the good life at The Manse on Marsh.
Exclusive to The Manse on Marsh
· We work with Interns from the Recreation Studies program at Cal Poly help create activities for residents.
· Our senior living community is very active! Some resident favorites are wine tours at local wineries, gourmet picnics, theatre & performances at CalPoly's Performing Arts Center & San Luis Obispo Little Theatre, in-house classes taught by local college professors, and dress rehearsals and live symphony in our Atrium.